This course and the ITF+ certification are designed as the starting point for a career in IT support. Obtaining ITF+ certification will show that you have the aptitude to pursue a professional-level certification, such as CompTIA A+. Completing this course will also help you acquire the knowledge and skills to set up and use a computer at home securely and keep it in good working order and to provide informal support for PCs and simple computer networks to your colleagues in a small business.
The Comp ITF+ course is a 5-week course, Monday - Thursday, designed for the "General Public". Classes begin at 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm on these days. This course are taken after the orientation course.
CompTIA Information Technology Fundamentals+
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Describe some principles of software and data development
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
- Module 1: Using Computers
- Module 2: Using Apps and Databases
- Module 3: Using Computer Hardware
- Module 4: Using Networks
- Module 5: Security Concepts
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet each of the following requirements. there are no exceptions.
- Eligible to Work in the US
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pass drug screen
Citizens MUST attend the MRWTC Orientation to qualify for the CompTia ITF+ Course.
Class days are subject to change.
If you choose to apply, be aware that your application is for a training program offered by AIDT that could lead to a job offer with MRWTC parterning companies. The following conditions apply:
- You are applying to enroll in a class of instruction to improve your skill or to learn a new skill, to better quality for a job in the industry.
- Your will be provided the training by AIDT; the instructor is employed by AIDT.
- You will pay no fees for the training.
- You will not be paid to take the training. You are not covered by Workman's Compensation during the training hours.
- You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for enrollment in the training program or work in hazardous, non-agricultural, or industrial occupations. If selected for participation, you may be required to provide proof of age.
- Your performance and attendance must meet the behavior and learning standards established by AIDT. If you do not meet those standards, the instructor or other AIDT representative may terminate your training.
- You are not guaranteed a job offer for successfully completing the program. You are not required to accept any job offer.
- If you are selected for an interview, questions about these conditions can be discussed at that time.
- To be qualified for training, you must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Proof of this eligibility may be required.
- If the required minimum number of students is not met, class will be cancelled.
Call Us for More Information
or Email Us at: