The MRWTC offers the NCCER Welding program. NCCER is the National Center for Construction Education and Research. This organization develops standardized construction and maintenance curriculum that, when completed, offers credentials that are portable. Individuals who successfully receive their NCCER credentials are entered into NCCER's Registry system. Companies and Organizations can check qualifications of possible new hires through this system.
The NCCER Welding program is a 32-week program, Monday - Wednesday, designed for the "General Public". Classes begin at 3:30pm to 7:30pm on these days. These courses are taken after the orientation course. Individuals must complete the entire NCCER Welding Training Program. This program is comprised of two
- NCCER Core Curriculum
- NCCER Structural Welding Fundamentals
NCCER Core Curriculum
Basic Communication Skills
Basic Employability Skills
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet each of the following requirements. there are no exceptions.
- US Citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pass drug screen
Citizens MUST attend the MRWTC Orientation to qualify for the NCCER Core Curriculum Training Program.
Class days are subject to change.
If you choose to apply, be aware that your application is for a training program offered by AIDT that could lead to a job offer with MRWTC parterning companies. The following conditions apply:
- You are applying to enroll in a class of instruction to improve your skill or to learn a new skill, to better quality for a job in the industry.
- Your will be provided the training by AIDT; the instructor is employed by AIDT.
- You will pay no fees for the training.
- You will not be paid to take the training. You are not covered by Workman's Compensation during the training hours.
- You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for enrollment in the training program or work in hazardous, non-agricultural, or industrial occupations. If selected for participation, you may be required to provide proof of age.
- Your performance and attendance must meet the behavior and learning standards established by AIDT. If you do not meet those standards, the instructor or other AIDT representative may terminate your training.
- You are not guaranteed a job offer for successfully completing the program. You are not required to accept any job offer.
- If you are selected for an interview, questions about these conditions can be discussed at that time.
- To be qualified for training, you must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Proof of this eligibility may be required.
- If the required minimum number of students is not met, class will be cancelled.
Trainees who successfully complete the entire NCCER Welding Program will receive an MRWTC Welding certificate, NCCER certificate, and be the first to be selected for review by MRWTC partnering companies.
Call Us for More Information
or Apply in Person
2913 East South Blvd
Montgomery, AL 36116